Maison Shalom House is a bilingual Diocesan retreat centre located in Alexandria, Ontario offering opportunities for spiritual development, time for prayer and reflection, space for meetings, conferences and overnight group activities to the local communities and beyond. The centre is founded on Catholic/Christian values and welcomes people of all faiths to enjoy the facilities and the grounds.
The Director promotes the mission of Shalom, oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the retreat centre, provides hospitality assistance and facilities management. The Director oversees the centre’s budget, program development, planning, recruiting volunteers and hiring staff. The Director is assisted by an Advisory Committee.
- Works in close collaboration with the program coordinators to promote, develop and implement new programs, retreats and conferences.
- Chairperson of the Advisory Committee — schedules meetings with members, compiles agendas, ensures minutes are recorded from all meetings and follow-up items are completed.
- Oversees, in consultation with the bookkeeper, the preparation of the annual budget and financial statements and their presentation to the Advisory Committee and the Diocese.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all employees and their work schedules.
- Oversees all aspects of hiring employees.
- Develops meaningful working relationships with employees, volunteers and guests.
- Manages reservations.
- Oversees purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Prepares the annual newsletter.
- Manages the small religious articles store.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of and belief in the Catholic traditions — some theology an asset. Acceptance and understanding of non-faith groups and of ecumenical and interfaith traditions and beliefs.
- Dedication to the mission and spirit of Maison Shalom House.
- Operational experience in a non-profit organization with some business and accounting knowledge a definite asset.
- Experience supervising employees and staffing.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible as the work schedule includes weekdays, weekends, evenings and on occasion overnight.
- Effective computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, office equipment and social media tools.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Bilingualism (English, French) a definite asset.
Please submit your CV to Deacon Pierre L. Aubé at email@example.com