Chapters are a grace-filled moment in the life of religious congregations. Spring-Summer is typically the time religious congregations hold their chapters.
Here are the results of a recent consultation made among the members of the CRC (dated September 16, 2019).
Augustines de la Miséricorde de Jésus
General chapter in Quebec City from September 16 to September 25, 2019.
Theme: “Rooted in Christ, let’s be witnesses of Hope”
Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer – Province of Canada
Provincial and regional elections at the end of June 2019 which resulted in the fusion of the three Canadian provinces (Edmonton-Toronto, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré and Yorkton) on August 1st, 2019, in one province (Province of Canada).
Results of the elections:
- Father Charles Duval, CSsR, elected Provincial Superior;
- Father Mark Miller, CSsR, elected Regional Superior (region Edmonton-Toronto);
- Father Régis Pellerin, CSsR, elected Regional Superior (region Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré);
- Father Michael Smolinski, CSsR, elected Regional Superior (region of Yorkton).
Provincial chapter in Mississauga in Ontario from October 14 to October 18, 2019.
- Election of the Provincial Vicar;
- Learning of the provincial status;
- Powers definition of the Regional Superiors;
- Administration of the regions.
Brothers of the Christian Schools
Provincial chapter in May 2019. May 15, 2019, election of a new provincial counsel:
- Brother Florent Gaudreault, FÉC, Visitor of the District of the Francophone Canada, Provincial (2nd mandate of 3 years).
- Brother Lionel Potvin, FÉC, Provincial Counsellor;
- Brother Yvon Désormeaux, FÉC, Provincial Counsellor;
- Brother Daniel Croteau, FÉC, Provincial Counsellor;
- Brother Robert Lavallée, FÉC, Provincial Counsellor;
- Brother André Dubuc, FÉC, Provincial Counsellor;
- Brother Fernando Lambert, FÉC, Provincial Counsellor.
Franciscan Missionaries of Mary
Provincial chapter from August 30 to September 5, 2019.
Order of the Most Holy Trinity and of the Ransom of the Captives
General chapter of the order from June 9 to 23, 2019 in Rome.
Theme: “Called by the providential dessein of the Trinity to proclaim the Gospel”
- Brother Luigi Buccarello (Italy), OSST, elected General Minister
- Brother Aldo Berardi (Canada-France), OSST, elected General Vicar
- Brother Maximilien D. Tsirahonandresy M. (Madagascar), OSST, elected Counsellor
- Brother Antonio A. Fernandez S. (Spain), OSST, elected Counsellor
- Brother Sibi Rocky Puthussery (India), OSST, elected Counsellor
- Brother Carmel G. Ulrich D. (Central Africa), OSST, elected General Secretary
- Brother Javier Carnerero (Spain), OSST, elected General procurateur
Servantes de Jésus-Marie
First General Assembly from October 13 to 20, 2019, in Gatineau.
Theme : “With Mary, in an intense fraternal communion, let’s live her Ecce, Fiat, Magnificat.”
Sisters of Mary Reparatrix
25th General chapter in Rome from April 27 to May 22, 2019.
44 members reunited in the Via Dei Lucchesi around the theme : “Weaving threads of tenderness in response to the love of God for our wounded world.”
- Sister Aurora Torres Hernandez, SMR, Mexican, General Superior, 2nd mandate (member of the AC of the UISG)
- Sister Antonett Chebet, SMR, Kenyan, Counsellor (2nd mandate)
- Sister Julie Buckley, SMR, Irish, Counsellor
- Sister Rosa Vizcay, SMR, Spanish, Counsellor
Sœurs de l’Enfant-Jésus de Chauffailles
Nomination of a new Provincial Counsel made by the General Counsel and provided for in accordance with the Constitutions of the congregation :
- Sister Léona Bossé, REJ, Provincial Superior
- Sister Raymonde Bernier, REJ, Provincial Assistant
- Sister Georgette Sirois, REJ, Counsellor and Provicial Secretary
- Sister Nicole Jean, REJ, Counsellor and Provincial Bursar
- Sister Pierrette Jalbert, REJ, Counsellor
In the wake of the theme of the General chapter of 2015, “Today, as a Congregation, in the movement of the Incarnation (Ph, 2) lived everyday, DARE… ’’for the world to believe’’ (Jn 17,21)”, the sisters were invited to “DARE… drink at the Source… risk la Rencontre… live the Mission.”
1st General Assembly of the Misericordia Sisters in Montreal from April 2 to 4, 2019.
Theme: “Now let’s move forward with hope, let’s pass on our legacy in trust”
- Sister Monique Lallier, General Superior (5th mandate)
- Sister Huguette Lavoie, General Assistant (3th mandate)
- Sister Huguette Beauchamp, Counsellor and General Secretary (3th mandate)
54 sisters moyenne, 90 years-old
Sœurs du Sacré Cœur de Jésus
19th General chapter of the Sœurs du Sacré Cœur de Jésus in France in Locquirec (Finistère) from July 14 to August 3, 2019.
Theme : “À vin nouveau outres neuves”
Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception
Provincial chapter in Laval from October 7 to 19, 2019
Theme: “Missionnary disciples energized by the Word and our charism, let’s build bonds of communion and welcome the future with confidence.”
Ursulines of the Canadian Union
General Chapter in Quebec City from July 5 to 24, 2020
Theme : “Driven by the Holy Spirit, young and elderly together, may we be touched by the realities of our world and discern new ways of fruitfulness in order to contribute to the harmonious development of the universe.”
Frontpage picture: New Council of the Sœurs de l’Enfant-Jésus de Chauffailles. (photo : Roch Aubut)
From left to right:
- Sister Léona Bossé;
- Sister Nicole Jean, Counsellor and Provincial Bursar;
- Sister Raymonde Bernier, Provincial Assistant;
- Sister Pierrette Jalbert, Counsellor.
Foreground: Sister Georgette Sirois, Counsellor and Provincial Secretary.