Conference of the National Association of Vocation/Formation Directors (NAVFD)
Our Association’s mandate is to encourage and foster a culture of vocation among all Catholics across Canada by helping each person to recognize and realize their unique call from God to their own special way of living in this world.
This conference is open to all persons and organizations who are passionate about fostering a culture of vocation.
For registration form and further information, go to navfd.info or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote Speaker #1: Dr. Richard R. Gaillardetz of Boston College
Dr. Gaillardetz’s presentation ‘I Call You Friends’: Toward a New Theology of Vocation” will propose a theology of vocation that focuses on the call to Christian friendship as the primary relational vocation of all the baptized.
Keynote Speaker #2: Sister Margo Ritchie, CSJ of London, Ontario
Through the lens of call, Sr. Margo will explore the image of the “adjacent possible.”
Keynote Speaker #3: Father Daniel Horan, OFM of Chicago
Fr. Daniel will explore what the pope’s theme of discernment and vocation have to offer to renewed consideration of religious formation and vocation ministry.
A variety of workshops are being offered:
• The Dawning Future of Religious Life Germinating and Radiating
• Do Monkeys Go to Heaven? The Beauty and Wisdom of Faith and Science
• Formation that Nurtures Transformative Servant Leadership
• Narratives of Expanding Relations
• Who are our Newest Members? A Look at Millennials and Gen Z
• Catechetical Formation of Candidates for Religious Life: Challenges and Opportunities
• Together for Mission: Formation of Associates of Religious Institutes
• Youth Ministry
• Due Diligence in Vocation Ministry
Members: $ 450 before March 15, 2020
$ 500 after March 15, 2020
Non-Members: $ 500 before March 15, 2020
$ 550 after March 15, 2020
St. John’s is a beautiful, historic city that participants will be thrilled to discover.
We offer an optional bus tour on Saturday May 2: 1-4 p.m. for $ 65 or you can explore on your own: Signal Hill, Quidi Vidi Village, Jelly Bean Row among other outstanding landmarks.