In this issue:
– Canadian bishops represented by a SNJM sister at the forum on Migrants and Refugees held in Rome
– The Migrant Caravan: letter of the CRC President to the Prime Minister of Canada
– 2018 JPIC Ontario Networking Meeting
– Our Lady of Guadalupe circle launches inaugural website
– UISG declaration against any kind of abuse
– The archives website of the CND “faith in action” was redesigned
– Foreign nuns and priests run up against new rules that have denied some permanent residency in Canada
December 12 is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patron of the Americas, and the National Day of Prayer in Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples. On this date, the Our Lady of Guadalupe Circle is delighted to announce the launch of its inaugural website.
Official Delegate of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB), Sr. Claudette Bastien SNJM, provided concrete examples of the work against human trafficking done by Canadian organizations. The meeting of the Dicastery for the Department of Integral Human Development: the section regarding Migrants & Refugees, held in Rome last July, brought together approximately fifty people.