In this issue:
– Wisdom and Compassion: A Day with Religious in Winnipeg
– Meeting with the Vancouver religious
– Closure of the 175th Anniversary of the Congregation of the Sisters of Providence
– 400th anniversary of the birth of Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys
– The Dominican nuns in Squamish among the persons portrayed in “This mountain life”
– World Day of Prayer for Vocations 2019
– The Church and Indigenous Peoples in the Americas
– JPIC activity: A journey into exile
– 21st UISG Plenary
The XXI UISG Plenary is soon approaching and will be held in Rome, May 6-10. More than 800 Superiors General will be participating, from 80 different countries, speaking 13 languages. The UISG is also happy to welcome more than 40 speakers and guests. For the first time, UISG will also offer 7 workshops to Superiors General, before and after the Plenary.
Les Sœurs de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame will celebrate a very special anniversary in 2020: the 400th anniversary of the birth of their foundress, Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys, born in Troyes, France on April 17, 1620. Together with all the Congregation’s friends worldwide, the sisters wish to share their joy. Throughout 2020, various activities will highlight this event and a mini website, expressly designed for the occasion, will feature information about these initiatives.