Chapters are a grace-filled moment in the life of religious congregations. Spring-Summer is typically the time religious congregations hold their chapters.
Here are the results of a recent consultation made among the members of the CRC (dated 20th August):
Antoniennes de Marie
General chapter in May 2017.
- Sister Ginette Laurendeau, Supérieure générale;
- Sister Gisèle Larouche, Assistante gé20nérale;
- Sister Andrée Lalancette, Conseillère générale;
- Sister Doris Gagnon, conseillère générale.
Provincial chapter, July 17-21, 2017 in Lac-Bouchette (Quebec).
Theme: “Au-delà de toute espérance”.
Among the matters that will be discussed:
- The mission of each community unit;
- Vocations ministry;
- Pope Francis’ appeal to go toward the periphery;
- Integrity of a Capuchin Friars’ life.
- Louis Cinq-Mars, Provincial Minister (2nd mandate)
- Pierre Viau, 1st Councillor and Provincial Vicar
- Sylvain Richer, 2nd Councillor
- Antony Louiz Arukulasseri, 3rd Councillor
- Jean-Guy Lanthier, 4th Councillor
Congrégation de Notre-Dame
CND Visitation Province Chapter, July 10-16, 2017, St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish (Nova Scotia).
- Sister Rebecca McKenna, Province Leader (2017-2021);
- Sister Eileen McQuaid;
- Sister Catherine Walker;
- Sister Maureen MacIsaac;
- Sister Donna McInnis, reappointed Province Bursar.
The new team will take office on October 10, 2017.
Congrégation du Saint-Esprit (Quebec)
Provincial chapter, April 23-28, 2017 in Granby (Quebec).
Theme: “Fidèles à la mission, tournés vers l’avenir…”
- Augustin Kasongo Milamba (Provincial Superior)
- Alfredo Ramanandraibe (1st Provincial Assistant)
- Michel Last (2nd Provincial Assistant)
- Serge Hogue (Provincial Treasurer)
General chapter, June 26-July 31, Sherbrooke.
2017 marks the 35th anniversary of the community.
Filles de Sainte Marie de la Présentation
General chapter, July 19-August 4, Brittany (France).
Theme: “Choisis la vie et l’espérance”.
Franciscans of Eastern Canada
Provincial chapter, May 14 to 19, 2017, Granby.
- Pierre Charland, O.F.M. (Provincial Minister);
- Michel Boyer, O.F.M. (Provincial Vicar);
- Pierre Brunette, O.F.M. (Provincial Councillor);
- Henri Éthier, O.F.M. (Provincial Councillor);
- Aimé Dô Van Thông O.F.M. (Provincial Councillor);
- Néhémie Prybinski, O.F.M. (Provincial Councillor).
Fraternités monastiques de Jérusalem
General chapter, August 16-24, Magdala (Sologne, France).
- Sister Rosalba (Bulzaga), General Prioress
- Sister Aude-Marie, General Councillor
- Sister Cécile, General Councillor (also Prioress of the community in Montreal)
- Sister Giovanna, General Councillor
- Sister Jeanne, General Councillor
Frères du Sacré-Cœur (Quebec)
Provincial chapter (Province of Canada), May 20, 2017, Sherbrooke.
General chapter, April 26-May 26, 2018, Rome (Italy).
General chapter, September 8-October 21, 2017 in Rionegro (Colombia).
Among the matters to be discussed:
- Orientations for the next 8 years;
- Election of a new General Superior and his Councillors.
Provincial chapter, December 15-17, 2017, Chemin Neuf Community Resourcing Center in Rawdon (Quebec).
On June 27, 2017, the General Council of the Congregation reappointed Br. Gérard Bachand as Provincial Leader of Canada. This second mandate of three years will begin on December 2, 2017.
Missionaries of the Holy Apostles
General Assembly from July 30 to August 15 in Bogota (Colombia).
Theme: “The joy of the Gospel in our mission”.
- Fr. Luis A. Luna Barrera, General Animator;
- Fr. Jean-Claude Bergeron, General Assistant;
- Fr. Rogelio Vargas Robles, General Secretary;
- Fr. Joseph Théophile Ngouo, Responsible for Formation;
- Fr. Dennis P. Connell, General Bursar.
Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate
Plenary Session, April 26, 2017 in Rome (Italy).
- Alfred Grzempa, O.M.I. appointed as the new Provincial by the Superior General and his Council
- Installation starting on June 16, 2017.
Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Africa
General chapter, July 1st to 22nd, 2017 in Rome (Italy).
Theme: “Porteuses d’espérance, écoutons la voix de l’Esprit, avançons ensemble vers les périphéries”.
Misionary Sisters of the Precious Blood
General chapter, August 20-September 10, 2017 in Reading (PA, USA).
Servants of the Blessed Sacrament (Quebec)
Provincial chapter, June 5-9, 2017.
- Sister Marie Thérèse Dugas (Provincial Superior);
- Sister Claire Duchesne (Assistant and Provincial Secretary);
- Sister Maria Kim Thu (Provincial Councillor);
- Sister Marie Boyle (Provincial Treasurer).
General chapter, September 25-October 14, 2017 in Sherbrooke.
- Sister Fe Manalo, Filipina, General Superior;
- Sister Maria Vu Thi Hue, Vietnamese, 1st Assistant;
- Sister Claire Duchesne, Canadian, 2nd Councillor;
- Sister Abgaïr dos Santos Moreira, Brazilian, 3rd Councillor;
- Sister Gina Bernadas, Filipina, 4th Councillor.
Sisters of Charity of Saint Mary
Appointments (Summer 2017):
- Mother Marie Josée Marcoux, Provincial Superior;
- Mother Pierre Anne Mandato, Provincial Vicar and Bursar;
- Sister M. Jeanne Benoit, 2nd Provincial Councillor;
- Sister Martine Côté, 3rd Provincial Councillor;
- Sister Jacinthe Caron, 4th Provincial Councillor.
Sisters of Charity of Saint Louis (Quebec)
General chapter from July 29 to August 5, 2017.
Sisters of the Holy Cross
2nd session of the 25th General Chapter, July 5-14, Ermitage Sainte-Croix, Pierrefonds (Quebec).
Theme: “Together… on the pathways of Resurrection of the world…”
- Sister Raymonde Maisonneuve, Congregational Leader;
- Sister Monique Paquette, Congregational Assistant;
- Sister Yanick Sylfradin, Counselor;
- Sister Doris E. Gagnon, Counselor.
Among the matters to be discussed:
- Orientations of the congregation;
- Election of a new Congregational leadership team for the next six years.
Sisters of St. Martha of Prince Edward Island
General Chapter, May 14-18, 2017.
Theme “Deepening Charism: Seeds of Possibility”.
- Sister Lorraine Chaisson (Congregation Leader);
- Sister Lauretta White (First Assistant);
- Sister Joan Campbell;
- Sister Bernice Steele.
They will be installed in office on July 29th, on the occasion of the feast of St. Martha.
Sisters of Providence
30th General chapter, July 9-30, 2017, Providence Mother House in Montreal.
Theme: “Joyfully Welcome and Proclaim God’s Dream”
Objective: Determine the Congregation’s orientations for the next five years.
Among matters of greater importance:
- New governance model;
- Changes to the Congregation constitution and rules;
- Election of a new leadership team.
Elections results (2017-2022) :
- Sister Karin Dufault, General Superior (2nd mandat de 5 ans)
- Sister Josie Lerios, General Councillor (re-elected);
- Sister Rollande Malo, General Councillor (re-elected);
- Sister Nancy Arévalo, General Councillor;
- Sister Hortense Demia-Mbaïlaou, General Councillor.
Society of the Daughters of the Heart of Mary
General chapter from July 18 to August 19 in Paris (France).
- Sister Maria del Carmen Vergara Gonzalez, re-elected General Superior for a second mandate (2017-2023)
- Sister Patsy Khan (India), General Assistant;
- Sister Marie Frings (Belgium), General Assistant;
- Sister Opportune Konfé (Western Africa), General Assistant;
- Sister Carla Cazeiro (Portugal), General Assistant.
Sœurs de la Présentation de Marie
Chapitre général du 12 août au 12 septembre 2017 à Némi en Italie.
Résultats des élections :
- Sister Marie des Anges (Portugal), General Superior;
- Sister Charito Gorgonio (Philippines), Assistant;
- Sister Claudette Casavant (Canada), Councillor;
- Sister Louise Benoît (Canada), Councillor;
- Sister Kelly Connors (USA) Councillor;
- Sister Hortência F.T. Ubisse (Mozambique) Councillor.
Sœurs du Sacré-Cœur de Jésus
The General Council of the Sœurs du Sacré-Coeur de Jésus named a new 2017-2021 Provincial Council:
- Sister Andrée Guindon, Provincial Superior;
- Sister Noëlla Mondoux, Provincial Assistant;
- Sœur Louise Bouvrette, Provincial Secretary;
- Sister Jeanne- d’Arc Dufour, Provincial Councillor;
- Sister Denise Blouin, Provincial Council.
Their mandate begins on August 1st, 2017.
Ursuline Sisters of Chatham
22nd General Chapter, June 2017.
2017-2021 election results:
- Theresa Campeau, Community Leader;
- Noreen Allossery-Walsh;
- Pauline Maheux;
- Sheila McKinley.
General chapter from May 14 to 18 mai in La Pourraque (France).
- Sr. Christine Danel – General Superior
- Sr. Geneviève Comeau – General Assistant
- Sr. Mireille Mion – Councillor
- Sr. Christine Magnin – Councillor
- Sr. Laurence Loubières – Councillor
Frontpage picture: The new leadership team of the CND Visitation Province.
From left to right:
- Sister Catherine Walker,
- Sister Donna McInnis,
- Sister Maureen MacIsaac,
- Sister Eileen McQuaid,
- Sister Rebecca McKenna.