Pope Francis invited all the faithful to take part on February 23rd in a special Day of Prayer and Fasting for Peace, especially in South Sudan and Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
In this issue:
– New evangelization in an intercultural context
– Benedictine sisters enhance their communications
– JEM annual gathering: How to be a prophetic voice on climate change?
– “300 years is typical: Grey Nuns called to let go”
– Bicentenary of the Catholic Church in Western Canada
– The Sisters of Charity of Halifax are celebrating 50 years in Peru
– “Give it up for earth” campaign for lent
On February 7 and 8, close to 100 people from all over the country convened at the Mary Ward Center in Toronto for the JEM (Joint Ecological Ministry) annual gathering. The CRC had the opportunity to finally meet and hear Dr. Heather Eaton from St. Paul University in Ottawa. Her two-day exchange with participants was both inspiring and challenging.